Bite the hand that feeds me...

I don't believe I have the teeth to...

Name:
Location: Ill, United States

Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Din of Silent Sin

As I bask in the glow
of your not knowing,
it warms me,
or warns me,
straight to the tips of my toes.
I never saw this coming...
I'd not be honest,
earnest, maybe,
honest, certainly not.
If I had worded the sentiment
a bit more carefully
it might have sounded more
as if I had meant it.
I did,
but I would still be surprised
if you had believed me.
You left your napkin folded,
draped across the back of your chair.
I was sure you'd return,
but you never did.
I imagine you would say I could have seen it coming,
but I never do, and I would say it was my fault,
disregarding your assertions to the contrary.
I saw it coming, but not from you.
The tales of napkins
are better told through some some other point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home